Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Closer....

I still don't have a definitive leave date, but I am another step closer. My visa application is at the Chinese embassy right now. I should have it in my hands early next week and then it's time to take to the skies. The thought of the trip itself and how many hours it will take makes me nervous. It's going to be a long flight.

This past Sunday, I had a going away party. I got see see family that I might not have had a chance to see other wise. It really hit me then how much I'm going to be leaving here. I'm still eager to go and be challenged and experience everything I can. I just wish I could shrink some people down and take them with me in my pocket.

There is still so much to do. My list keeps getting longer the more I think about it. I still have a little bit of shopping left to do and a lot of packing and sorting. I'm glad this Friday is my last day at work here so that I can have time to get everything done. I know I'll probably still be scrambling just before I leave for all those last minute things that I won't be able to live without. I'll probably forget something. I always do.

Anyway, Check back again soon! I might have my visa next time.

No comments: