Friday, February 21, 2014

Back on Track

Sorry it's been so long since I've been here. I had a long vacation about a week ago and I lost all of my momentum. I think I've managed to snag it again.

Harbin winter has decided it no longer wants to freeze me to death. The temperatures are starting to rise - slowly. Within the next few weeks, we may even rise above freezing! I think I might do a happy dance when that happens. I really, really, really don't like the cold.

Over my nearly three week vacation there were times when I was really busy and there were days when I never left my apartment. I can't say which days I enjoyed more. They were both really great in their own ways. One of the neatest things that I did was go to Sun Island for the Ice and Snow Festival. Sun Island is one of several locations of the whole thing. It is dedicated to snow sculptures only. They were pretty impressive.
The snow dino is hungry.
This piece is hollow. I can't imagine how much time and effort it took to create.
These are just a few of the pieces at Sun Island and they aren't even the biggest ones. There was one that was at least as long as a football field, if not longer.

I had a chance to explore Harbin and managed to check a few boxes, but there is still so much to see! Until next time.

No comments: